Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Folkestone Camera Club needs our help

From: "Folkestone Camera Club"
To: rtemlett
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:41:40 +0100
Subject: From Folkestone Camera Club
I am writing to you as Chairman of Folkestone Camera Club down in Kent, with a strange request for help! Our Audio Visual group are involved in a project to commemorate the start of the First World War in 2014 and the role Folkestone played. To that end we are researching and collecting images to make short av's on several subjects, one of which is the journey of an Officer. The Officer we plan to use is Major Sydney Boddam-Whetham whose family lived in Folkestone at the time, and who has a surviving relative living in the Salisbury area. He is willing for us to make copies of photographs that he has in his possession and I wondered if any of your members would be interested in taking some photographs of them and sending them on to us. I am not sure if you have any A V enthusiasts in your club? The only person I have heard of from down your way is Leo Rich, who I know is in charge of Adjudications, but not sure if he is a member of your club. Do you think yo u could ask your members if it is of interest to any of them? Then let me know, then I could arrange a mutually convenient time for a meeting between them and Major Gen. Patrick Cordingley.
Thank you for reading this and I hope to hear from you soon.
Kind regards,
Melanie Chalk Chairman FCC


No comments: