Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2012

A Photographer's Lot


All set on Auto
with a camera that's astute
happy go lucky
with a simple
point and shoot -
Nothing to concern me
in the faintest bit
just zoom in….zoom out
compose the shot and 'click'
Got it in the bag
or NOT as it may be
a halo or a flare
or something odd I didn't see
Chromatic aberration
Pixelated
Focal range
Horizon all askew
Depth of field - very strange
Change of angle
if I dangle from
a different point of view….
Where’s my trusty tripod?
I haven’t got a clue!
Hand-held fast and slick
might just do the trick….but
another bites the dust
that Photoshop must fix!
Exposure
Contrast
Levels and curves
so this most amazing shot
draws the 'oohs' and 'aahhs' that it deserves!
But now I'm getting critical
the more that I explore
my camera potential
it opens up a door
to
take a new direction
gain more control
push boundaries and parameters
set challenges and goals
Portrait
Landscape
Wide Angle even Stitch
Macro detail -
shows the slightest glitch
Av
Tv
aperture v shutter speed?
manual choices
select just what I need
Daylight
Lowlight
Flash
F-stop
it takes some
juggling to learn about what's what!
In all the confusion
one thing is crystal clear -
I'm pleased as Punch
that come the crunch
Camera Club is here!

Happy Christmas to everyone and how about shooting from the hip in the New Year!
Robin

No comments: