Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

Photographic Exhibition

Photographic Exhibition
Basingstoke Central Library
18th – 30th January

I wonder if any of your members might be interested in an exhibition of a small number of my photographs which I have arranged in Basingstoke Central Library later this month.

I’ve called the exhibition “ . . . looking forward to summer . . . “ and intend to put up four pictures on four separate themes - summer landscapes, people’s faces in summer and people in the Venice Carnival (after all – the Venetians really know how to dress up and chase the midwinter blues away).

However, as I sit here peering out over a snowdrift at an icy road, I didn’t realise how pertinent the fourth group would be – winter landscapes showing the effects of snow and cold weather!

Assuming I can dig myself out of Yateley and drive to Basingstoke with the pictures, the exhibition will run from Monday 18th January to Sunday 31st January.

The library’s address is 19/20 Westminster House, Festival Place, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS. It is open seven days a week from 9.30 each morning (11.00am Sundays) and generally stays open until 7pm (although it closes at 4pm Saturdays, 5pm Sundays, 5.30pm Thursdays).

At present I also have a small permanent exhibition of photographs on a travel theme in Fleet Library. The pictures in the Fleet exhibition are changed every three months or so.

Best wishes

CHRIS HUTCHINSON Yateley Camera Club

No comments: